Recipe by Charmed
This is a very nice recipe I found on the web. The chicken comes out lightly sweet, it's low in fat, and it's very easy to prepare. I enjoyed it very much, will definitely make it again, and I hope you enjoy it too. Note: Although the recipe calls for peeling the potatoes, I leave the peel on.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, leave in bone
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned peaches, drained (or 2 cups sliced fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in one layer in covered dish (I spray the pan with non-stick spray).
- Scatter potatoes and onions around chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar, honey and juice; drizzle over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
- Add peaches and gently combine.
- Bake uncovered 30 additional minutes more, basting occasionally.
- Arrange on platter and serve.