Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a very nice recipe I found on the web. The chicken comes out lightly sweet, it's low in fat, and it's very easy to prepare. I enjoyed it very much, will definitely make it again, and I hope you enjoy it too. Note: Although the recipe calls for peeling the potatoes, I leave the peel on.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, leave in bone
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned peaches, drained (or 2 cups sliced fresh)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in one layer in covered dish (I spray the pan with non-stick spray).
- Scatter potatoes and onions around chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar, honey and juice; drizzle over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
- Add peaches and gently combine.
- Bake uncovered 30 additional minutes more, basting occasionally.
- Arrange on platter and serve.
my husband found this to be too sweet for his palate. with the fresh peaches it was sweet.... to many other good recipes to try wont make this again
This was an easy and delicious one dish meal. The only change I would make is to keep the dish covered longer to give the potatoes longer to cook without opening the oven door so much to baste. Go ahead and try this low fat dish Its so.o.o.o... good!Thanks for posting it.
This was absolutely delicious!!! I used a whole chicken cut in pieces, left the skin on and added more OJ so that there would be more juice. I sliced the potatoes like french fries and very thin to insure that they would be cooked. I found that it needed more salt after it was cooked. The salt brought out all the delicious flavor. Clean up is a snap since the whole meal is in one pan. This will definitely have repeated performances in my home. Thanks Charmed for a delicious and easy recipe.