Recipe by Barb G.
This is an elegant main dish that can be served to company or any special occasion. It doesn't take a lot of preparation or time. It is not only easy and quick it serves up beautifully as well.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled,pitted and sliced (canned peaches can also be used)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar.
- Place peach slices over chicken.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, ginger,cloves and lemon juice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting with the juices, or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- FOR A SAUCE; mix 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water; pour mixture into cooking juices,the mixture will thicken and become a sauce;Pour over chicken and peaches.