Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an elegant main dish that can be served to company or any special occasion. It doesn't take a lot of preparation or time. It is not only easy and quick it serves up beautifully as well.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled,pitted and sliced (canned peaches can also be used)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar.
- Place peach slices over chicken.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, ginger,cloves and lemon juice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting with the juices, or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- FOR A SAUCE; mix 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water; pour mixture into cooking juices,the mixture will thicken and become a sauce;Pour over chicken and peaches.
Very sweet! If I make again I`d cut bake on the sugar use fresh ginger. Served over Rice. I also think instead of the lemon juice I`d try Rice vinegar.
Very moist and delicious! I cut the sugar in half and added a little cinnamon. The sauce wouldn't thicken for me, but it was still wonderful. I served it with garlic mashed potatoes and peas.
This has the potential to be a truly wonderful dish. Next time I make it, I'll cut the brown sugar in half and add a splash of bourbon with the lemon juice. I used fresh ginger (a good suggestion by Rita L.), which gave it a nice zip. But it's really too sweet for my taste. I'll make it again, though. Thanks for sharing it.