Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This ia a simple chicken dish with lots of flavor, use your own favorite pasta sauce for this, Prego Traditional Pasta sauce works well with this --- for each extra pound chicken increase the sauce by 1 to 1-1/2 cups, remember to drain the fat completely before adding the sauce :)
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste, can use white salt)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2 cups prepared pasta sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (or use as much as desired)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional or to taste)
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch or a 2-quart baking dish (a larger baking dish might be needed for more chicken pieces).
- Pat the chicken pieces dry using paper towels.
- Season the chicken pieces with seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic power.
- Place into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drain any fat in the dish.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the chicken then return to oven for another 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti.
This gets 5 stars from me because it's easy, fairly quick and tastes great. My husband is a very picky eater and he loves when I make this!
Would've been 5 with some chunky vegetable homemade sauce. The chicken was excellent. Thanks for sharing.