Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Hot and hearty and quick to prepare. Seasoned chicken breasts in a flavorful tomato sauce.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (26 ounce) jargarden-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- hot cooked pasta (optional)
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg.
- Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 20-22 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve over pasta if desired.