Recipe by Gingerbee
Love Pasta? chicken?? Here's a casserole dish you'll love and will make over and over again! Easy as 1,2,3.
- 1 frying chicken, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups orzo pasta (pasta)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
- plain yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan, skin side up.
- Add 1/3 cup water; dot with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Fifteen minutes before chicken is done, bring 2 quarts of water to boil, stir in orzo, salt and oil.
- Parboil 5 minutes.
- Drain orzo in colander; rinse in cold water.
- Remove baked chicken from oven; place in dish.
- Cover tightly with heavy-duty foil; set aside.
- Turn oven to 425 degrees; add 1 cup of water and broth to roasting pan; stir to loosen drippings.
- Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and orzo.
- Bake 30 minutes or until orzo has absorbed liquid and is tender.
- Salt to taste; sprinkle with cheese and yogurt.
- Serve with baked chicken.