Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taken from the "Wonderful Ways to Prepare Chicken" cookbook.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup water
- Rub the chicken pieces with a mixture of the ginger, marjoram, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place half the onions in a buttered (or sprayed) baking dish.
- Put the chicken pieces on top and then cover with remaining onions.
- Pour on the cup of water.
- Cover tightly and bake in 300 degree oven for 2 hours or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Quick, easy,tasty meal,was cooked on top of the stove in 1 hour.It was too hot to have the oven on.