Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Placing this here for safe-keeping until I can try it.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 2 slices bacon (thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add chicken, skin down and sprinkle with half of the salt and garlic.
- Turn chicken over and sprinkle with the rest of the salt and garlic.
- Lay bacon on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until chicken tests done.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Pour juices from dish into a small saucepan and whisk with cream over low heat til thick.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Delicious! Made a couple changes... Used boneless skinless breasts and a couple pressed garlic cloves instead. Pounded chicken flat, and only had to bake 35 minutes. Also addedd onion to the juices, then some flour until bubbly, then used about 2/3 cup of regular milk and made the sauce with that. Great, rich, fulfilling taste. Thanks!