Barbara In Florida's Note:
Adapted from The Best of Food and Wine. This recipe is elegant enough for company, special occations or just to treat your family. I usually double the sauce ingredients to have extra for rice, linguine or mashed potato or just for sopping with crusty bread. Serve with your favorite side and crisp salad. This may sound time consuming but if prep work is all done before hand it goes together quite easily. Believe me it is worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup minced scallion (white and green part)
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (or more if you like)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Trim off any fat or membranes from the chicken.
- 3Pound thicker ends lightly to flatten to an even thickness.
- 4Dredge the chicken in flour; shake off excess.
- 5In a large non reactive skillet, melt 4 Tbs butter over moderately high heat.
- 6Add chicken and saute, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 mins per side.
- 7Remove to plate. Keep warm.
- 8Reduce the heat to low and add the scallions,garlic, mushrooms and capers.
- 9Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 10Increase heat to moderately high, add wine and boil, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes ( If more liquid is needed add more white wine.).
- 11Spread half the sauce in a buttered baking dish just large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer.
- 12Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- 13Drizzle on the lime juice.
- 14Cover with remaining sauce.
- 15Sprinkly on the lime zest, parsley and bread crumbs.
- 16Dot with remaining Tbs butter.
- 17Bake uncovered in the top third of the oven for 15 mins or until the juices run clear.
- 18Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken With Lime,scallions, Mushrooms & Capers
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: