Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A Bill Granger recipe. Can be doubled easily. Can be made ahead and reheated.
Top Review by peetah75
I tried this yesterday and it was very easy to make and tasted quite good. Next time I may stir the chicken, vegetables and liquid a few times while its baking to see if it makes the chicken more flavorful.
- 1 kg potato, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled cut into segments
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 50 g pancetta, cut into strips
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 2⁄3 kg chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Place potatoes, onion, olives, lemon, pancetta and bay leaves in roasting tin.
- Pour over stock.
- Place chicken pieces on top and drizzle with olive oil. Season.
- Roast for 50 minutes unil chicken is golden.
- Remove chicken, place on warm plate and cover with foil.
- Increase oven temperature to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- Return roating tin to oven and cook for approx 10 more minutes until potatoes are golden.
- Place chicken back on top, heat through, sprinkle with parsley and serve.