Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good source recipe for calcium. This recipe can be serviced with potatoes or rice.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place half of butter in 13x9-inch (3.5L) glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 5 minute.
- In shallow dish combine bread crumbs and half each of the basil and rosemary. Place 2 tablespoons of milk in separate bowl. Dip chicken first in milk then in crumb mixture, pressing to coat. Transfer to plate. Discard any leftover milk and crumbs.
- Remove baking dish from oven and swirl to coat with melted butter. Place breaded chicken in dish and return to oven. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until chicken is starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook remaining basil, rosemary, onion and garlic, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened. Whisk remaining milk into cornstarch; whisk in lemon rind. Whisk into pan; increase heat to medium high. Cook stirring for 3 minutes or until thickened and glossy. Stir in salt and lemon juice. Pour sauce over top of chicken in dish. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
Absolutely love this recipe, not too lemony or anything! Delicious!
This was a easy & rather quick recipe to prepare. I did however use almost double of the crumb mixture and only half of the cornflour stated. A tasty chicken dish, thanks for sharing.