Recipe by LilPinkieJ
This is almost like dinner and a dessert in one. It's not quite that sweet, but I love the flavor of the honey and pecans. Sorta like a praline, but not quite. The chicken comes out moist and tender. It's so easy to make too. I like to throw all the seasonings into a ziploc bag, then put the chicken in and shake until coated. Then you can just throw the bag out.
Top Review by Regina00214
Delicious! I've made this twice now and my family and I absolutely love it. I made it exactly as is both times. My husband walked into the kitchen when the chicken was in the oven baking the first time before I spooned on the pecan sauce and started to complain that he thinks of pecans as a dessert and wasn't crazy about me pouring something sweet over his chicken. Well, when he started eating, he said from now on he will be more open minded. He loved it so much, he kept going back for more. He also took what little leftovers of it there was to work the next day for lunch and was bragging to co-workers about it. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut in pieces
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Stir together mayonnaise and milk. Roll chicken in mayonnaise and then crumbs. Coat well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Mix butter, honey, and soy sauce until smooth. Add pecans to this mixture.
- Spoon over chicken and bake another 15 to 25 minutes.