Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make an easy-but-elegant dinner designed to appeal to that special someone.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup garlic and herb seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Wash hands. Blend egg and 1 tablespoon mustard in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in separate shallow dish. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in egg mixture; then dip in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place coated chicken in baking pan. Wash hands. Spray chicken lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until done (interneal temperature 170° F).
- To make mustard sauce, blend remaining 2 teaspoons mustard, half-and-half and sugar in a small bowl.
- Serving suggestion: Drizzle sauce over chicken. Top with parsley. Serve with sliced tomato and mozzarella cheese and steamed French-cut green beans. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: To double recipe, no changes are needed in amount of egg mixture. You may need to increase bread crumbs to 1/2 cup. Double all other ingredients. Bake in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.