Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A repertoire for the eyes and taste buds. Tangy cream cheese with a bouquet of vegetables.
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 pounds in all)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried whole dill weed
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions,carrot and zucchini, cook 2 minutes longer, drain.
- Mix the vegetables with the cream cheese, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper and dill.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Put the breasts in a roasting pan and spread them with the vegetable cream cheese.
- Bake the chicken until just done, 20 to 25 minutes.