Recipe by KelBel
Another comfort food from my childhood. NOTE: Mom always used bone in chicken legs with skin on, that's all they had back in the 70's! Now I use boneless/skinless chicken breasts and thighs. Since bones add weight, 3 pounds of boneless chicken should be about right.
Top Review by CoffeeB
Yes, the family did like this very much. They said it was the added bacon on top. I have made this type of dish b/f using soups as gravies and also pork instead of chicken. It is very good and easy. I like the added bacon for taste. Thanks for this idea Kel. Tagged for ZaarStars.~
- 5 -6 lbs chicken legs
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken pieces in 9x13 pan, skin side up.
- Cut bacon in 2" lengths and lay over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Carefully, pour off some grease.
- Blend soups and sour cream; pour over chicken and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving dish.
- Mix cooked pasta with sauce mixture from baking pan and serve.