Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I found this recipe on a yellowed paper, my writing, probably 35 years old. It looks good so I probably cooked it or made it or I would not have saved it.I have updated a little.
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 tablespoon mccormick all seasoning salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup whole almond, then chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 cup raw rice
- 2 dashes turmeric
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven 350*.
- Spray Pam in a roaster or 2 quart casserole.
- In mixing bowl, blend in milk,cream cheese, celery, almonds,onion, cilantro, chicken granules and rice and turmeric.
- Wash and dry the bird, and stuff the cavity with the vegetable rice dressing.
- Sew the cavity shut or use foil to close the opening. Better to sew shut. If there is a flap of skin by the hole in front, you can fill the front also and sew shut.
- Rub All Seasoning all over the chicken.
- Place breast side up.
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Baste with meat juice in the roaster.
- Then cook 20 more minutes.
- Serve with cold diced tomatoes.