Recipe by LauraTracey
Baked chicken with herbs (similar to my baked pork chops) I made these for a dinner party. Everyone raved about how moist the chicken was and what a great flavor it had! The soy and worcestershire sauce give it some salt, so I don't add any other. The tabasco doesn't make it spicy, just adds a nice background flavor.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- 29.58 ml olive oil (I use garlic flavored)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.75-1.25 ml Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- *Justa note about the spices and herbs.
- I use dried herbs and I am very generous with them.
- This dish is great with a bit more garlic and basil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In baking dish, pour 1Tbsp olive oil.
- Add soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and tabasco (about 1tsp).
- Toss in onions and mix until coated.
- Rinse chicken, dry lightly and sprinkle with oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder.
- In frying pan, heat remaining olive oil.
- Brown chicken.
- Place chicken on top of onion mixture.
- Cover with foil and place in oven.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove foil and let chicken brown a bit more.
- Serve chicken with onions and sauce over top.