Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
In ‘The Big Book of Chicken’ by Maryana Vollstedt
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 lbs.)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock, hot
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the rice in a lightly sprayed or oiled 2-quart casserole.
- Arrange the thighs on top and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Pour the stock over.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, Dijon, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Spread the yogurt mixture over the chicken and rice.
- Bake, uncovered, until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.