Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These baked chicken thighs are great with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. From "Fine Fresh Food Fast" How's that for alliteration! You might want to melt the butter in the microwave-it's up to you. I just use store bought bread crumbs but the recipe says that sourdough and rye bread crumbs add a nice flavor change. Depends how much work you want to put in!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in skillet and remove from heat and mix in mustard.
- On a plate, combine crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter/mustard and then pat crumbs on the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a 9" X 13" baking dish and bake for 45 minutes-Note: if you use the legs with the thigh connected, use more time to cook.
Prior to making this dish, my husband had lovingly told me that I wasn't very good at preparing meat dishes. After he ate this, it shut him up pretty fast : ) It was awesome (the chicken and the quiet!)
I loved this chicken and so did my dinner guests. I made a few ingredient changes with what I had on hand. I replaced the 5 T butter with 2 T butter and 3 T olive oil. I didn't have bread to make breadcrumbs so I used Panko breadcrumbs. I took another reviewer's suggestion to add some honey to the mustard mix. I brushed the mustard mix on the chicken with a silicone brush. I was able to get into all of the nooks and crannies. Next time I'll make more of the bread crumbs and less of the mustard mix.The chicken had a nice crispy top and tender inside. I used bone-in chicken thighs with skin, I'll try without the skin next time. I also followed the suggestion to use a shallow pan with a rack to help make it crispy.
My chicken thighs turned out so juicy & delicious. My only change was to add a tsp of honey to the mustard. I used a spicy mustard. Husband loved it. I loved it. Made it again 1 week later. This is now in my list of go to easy & tasty recipes. Thanks!