Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and delicious weeknight meal. The sauce thickens while cooking so prep time is at a minimum and is perfect with rice and broccoli. You can use any cut of chicken you like - just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml water
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml orange juice or 59.14 ml pineapple juice
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken and turn to thoroughly coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 10 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
- ***If using bone-in chicken breasts, bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. If using boneless chicken breasts, bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- ***If you prefer (especially if you are cooking for a shorter amount of time), bring all the ingredients to a boil in a saucepan on the stove and let simmer until thick. Brush the chicken with the resulting glaze.
Delicious! I used 1/3 cup of soy sauce as recommended by other users, and it was definitely perfect. I served it with mashed potatoes and vegetables.This recipe was quick, and easy to follow. My household is nothing but picky eaters who said it was amazing. I would only recommend if you are using boneless breasts to let the sauce thicken in a saucepan and than pour it over the chicken after baking for about 10 minutes. EXCELLENT DISH!
Awesome! I used boneless skinless chicken breast and cooked them for 20 minutes and then flipped them for another 15 minutes. They were so juicy and tender. Thanks!
Made as written with b/s chicken breasts and they came out juicy and tender. I did cook them for 30 minutes since they were a little thick and the sauce thickened up nicely and made a very tasty glaze for the chicken. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.