Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
My kids favorite! This is my
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces or 1 whole chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Mix well, then cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Arrange chiecken pieces in a greased baking dish (I lined my pans with aluminum foil) Pour the sauce all over the chicken and bake until the chicken becomes brown and sticky.
- I bake mine for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the chicken pieces every 15 minutes and baste with sauce.