Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love tacos! I was looking for a lighter version, so my mind went straight to chicken. You can sub beef for the chicken and flour tortilla's for the whole grain if you wish, and it will still be wonderful!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 8 whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Chop chicken breast and toss with Taco Seasoning.
- Saute chicken over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Add 2 cups of water, turn heat down to low to simmer and continue cooking 20 minutes.
- Prepare Salsa: Combine black beans, cooked corn, Chopped red onion, 1/2 cup diced tomato, Cilantro, salt and lime juice.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Assembly: Hold a tortilla shell in your hand, and scoop a strained spoonful of chicken into the center. Fold tortilla in half and stand upright in a glass baking dish. Continue until all shells are filled and arranged in pan. Top each with 1/4 Cup of cheese and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top each with black bean salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and a dollop of sour cream. Serve warm.