The Miserable Gourmet's Note:
I love tacos! I was looking for a lighter version, so my mind went straight to chicken. You can sub beef for the chicken and flour tortilla's for the whole grain if you wish, and it will still be wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 8 whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Chop chicken breast and toss with Taco Seasoning.
- 2Saute chicken over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- 3Add 2 cups of water, turn heat down to low to simmer and continue cooking 20 minutes.
- 4Prepare Salsa: Combine black beans, cooked corn, Chopped red onion, 1/2 cup diced tomato, Cilantro, salt and lime juice.
- 5Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6Preheat oven to 350.
- 7Assembly: Hold a tortilla shell in your hand, and scoop a strained spoonful of chicken into the center. Fold tortilla in half and stand upright in a glass baking dish. Continue until all shells are filled and arranged in pan. Top each with 1/4 Cup of cheese and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven, top each with black bean salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and a dollop of sour cream. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Tacos With Black Bean Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 596.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain tortillas
low-fat Mexican cheese blend