I got this recipe from my Mom and subsequently lost it. Just found it again yesterday so now it's getting posted for safekeeping. It's really good and only 5 points on the weight watcher's plan.
- 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 pieces, about 4 oz each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the margarine in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it's smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add the broth and wine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, lemon peel and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken and remaining margarine in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered until the chicken is no longer pink. (about 20 minutes).
- Sprinkle mushrooms over the chicken.
- Spoon broth mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until golden. (about 30 minutes).
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.