1/5 Photos of Baked Chicken Supreme
1 hr 5 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I got this recipe from my Mom and subsequently lost it. Just found it again yesterday so now it's getting posted for safekeeping. It's really good and only 5 points on the weight watcher's plan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper or 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 pieces, about 4 oz each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt 2 tbsp of the margarine in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it's smooth (about 2 minutes).
- 4Add the broth and wine.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, lemon peel and pepper.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Place chicken and remaining margarine in a shallow baking dish.
- 9Bake uncovered until the chicken is no longer pink. (about 20 minutes).
- 10Sprinkle mushrooms over the chicken.
- 11Spoon broth mixture on top.
- 12Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 13Bake until golden. (about 30 minutes).
- 14Garnish with parsley.
- 15Serve and enjoy immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 28.5 g