Recipe by Food Fetish
This recipe is great for all phases of the South Beach diet. But it's so yummy you can eat it even if you're not counting carbs!
Top Review by mickeydownunder
TOTALLY AWESOME is this recipe!
It gets a WOW from ME!
So easy to make,
SO easy to bake :)
GREAT for entertaining when want to look like you did fuss, true!
Was a BIG BIG BIG hit at our dinner party last night too!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 170.09 g goat cheese, log type
- 170.09 g sun-dried tomato pesto (purchased or homemade)
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated using fine grater
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts. Pound chicken until 1/4 inch thick.
- Put pesto, goat cheese, and chopped basil in food processor and buzz a few times until mixture is combined but not completely blended.
- Spread 1/6 of pesto/basil/goat cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken, starting with smallest end, tucking in loose pieces (you can secure with tootpicks if necessary).
- Put parmesan cheese in flat dish, and roll each rolled up chicken breast in the cheese, patting on so you get as much cheese sticking on as you can.
- Spray glass casserole dish with nonstick spray and arrange chicken so pieces are not touching. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is slightly browned and firm, but not hard to the touch.
- Serve hot and enjoy!