1/1 Photo of Baked Chicken-Stuffed Tomatoes
Ms. Ayon's dishes's Note:
This is a delicious and attractive way to use up leftover roast chicken. It makes a wonderful dish to serve for lunch or supper. Deliciossso!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tomatoes, about (2 lbs. each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups chicken, diced and roasted
- 1/2 cup celery, finely-diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped and salted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- seasoning salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Cut a slice off top of each tomato and scoop out pulp, reserve for other use.
- 2Sprinke inside of tomatoes with salt and turn upside down to drain.
- 3In small saucepan melt butter and blend in flour. Cook, stirring until bubbly.
- 4Off heat, stir in milk. Put back over low heat and cook, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- 5Stir in chicken, celery, onions, nuts and 1/4 cup cheese.
- 6Season to taste with seasoned salt and pepper.
- 7Fill tomato shells with the mixture. Arrange in shallow baking dish or pie plate.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minute or until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken-Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: