Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I created this during the holiday of Sukkot, but that was way back in early October. I kept reminding myself to write this down, but I kept forgetting. so now I'm publishing it here for safe keeping and sharing with anyone who is interested. The chickens are boneless and skinless, as for the apples, I used fuji apples, but you can use any other kind of red apples.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 red apples, cored and sliced in thin wedges
- 3 nectarines, sliced in thin wedges
- 1 pear, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeld and cut into cubes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lay the chicken breasts in a large baking pan or casserole dish. Line the fruit all around it and in between.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey with the cinnamon and ginger and then pour it over the chicken and fruit. Bake for 40 minutes, making sure the chicken is properly cooked all the way through. Turn over once, halfwat through the cooking. Serve warm.