1/8 Photos of Baked Chicken Spring Rolls
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
I love spring rolls, but can't stand deep fried foods - this recipe saves calories and fat by baking not frying spring rolls. My family of three eats these for a light dinner, however, they also make a great appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped finely
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles (rice noodles)
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 15 spring roll wrappers, 8 inch diameter (approximately)
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 400 and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray.
- 2Prep chicken, rice noodles and veggies.
- 3Combine cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- 4Heat saucepan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add cabbage mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add hoisin sauce, fish sauce and ground coriander. Stir until well combined.
- 5Remove saucepan from heat, add chicken and noodles, combine. Set aside.
- 6*Note there are two different types of rice papers - I use the hard rice kind found in the refrigerator section, directions for those wrappers are as follows. I have not tried using the other wrappers, (I can't find them around here!), but feel free to use them as you normally would. I've heard they are easier to use than the crisp ones.
- 7Working with one rice paper at a time. Dip rice paper in warm water for 12-15 seconds until pliable. Remove rice paper to clean towel. Add about two tablespoons of noodle mixture to rice paper and wrap up tightly. Place seem side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all filling is gone.
- 8Spray spring rolls with fine layer of cooking spray.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping rolls half way through.
- 10While rolls are baking, combine dipping sauce ingredients with wire whisk.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 1123.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar