Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious recipe, that I got from a co-worker, I have tried it. It is fantastic. This needs to be refrigerated overnight for 8 hours.
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup crushed plain potato chips
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the crushed potato chips.
- Spoon mixture in 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, if taken out earlier the flavor will decrease.
- When ready to bake, top casserole with crushed potato chips.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees, for 35 - 40 minutes, or until potato chips are browned lightly.
I followed this recipe as directed, except I left out the pimento since I knew picky eaters wouldn't even try this recipe if they saw them. I tasted the dish while it was cold and before stirring in the cream of chicken soup. It tasted good, so I really thought after it cooked it would be delicious. After it was refrigerated for 8 hours, I baked it as described. I'm sorry, but out of 5 people at my table, no one found it to be very good. I found that it tasted better immediately after mixing (without the cream of chicken soup). I may mix this up as chicken salad, adding a few things and leaving others out. But I don't think we will be trying this one again. Just didn't match our tastebuds. Sorry:( I'd like to give it 3 1/2 stars, because it really tastes okay cold and without the cream of chicken soup in it. It could make a good chicken salad. But I like to be honest in my reviews, to help other cooks in their recipe decisions. Made for PRMR Tag game.
This is a quite a tasty recipe. It suprised me a little! I loved the crispiness of the celery and the crunch of the almonds in this recipe, and the flavours blend so well. A great recipe to make ahead and just throw in the oven when ready. Thanks weekend cooker a great recipe, that went down well with this family!