Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
One pot wonder - simple to cook, simple flavours
- 1 whole chicken
- 500 g arborio rice
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 anchovies
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- 100 ml cream
- Cut chicken in half lengthways, place in baking tray and roast for 40 minutes at 200 celcius.
- Remove chicken from tray. Add onion, celery, garlic, anchovies, wine, stock and rice. Mix well. Place chicken on top on rice mixture. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and divide to serve. Add butter and cream, stir well, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and garnish with parsley.
This was very easy to make. The flavors are not well developed. Covering it cooked the rice very al dente. However the chicken did not get a lovely brown skin. I put it in a bit longer to crunch up the skin.