Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
If you love Reuben sandwiches, try this for a taste variation. It's delicious served with your favorite cornbread. This recipe from an old "Carolina Country" magazine, November 1982.
- 4 whole broiler-fryer chicken breasts, halved and boned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 4 slices swiss cheese (approx 4x6")
- 1 1⁄4 cups thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In vegetable oil-sprayed casserole, place chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place drained sauerkraut over chicken, top with swiss cheese slices.
- Pour dressing evenly over cheese.
- Cover, bake at 325* for about 1 1/2 hours, or till fork can be inserted in chicken easily.
- Sprinkle w/ chopped parsley, if desired.
Since I love Reuben sandwiches and knew I needed to make this recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe stated and it was delicious .. just like a Reuben sandwich. The chicken was moist and juicy, and the cheese, sauerkraut and dressing gave it a lovely flavor. Thanks for sharing