Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Somewhat like a chicken pot pie. Great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, soupo
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or 1 cup turkey
- 2 cups cooked peas or 2 cups peas and carrots
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine soup, milk and salt in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add chicken and peas or peas and carrots.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- In another bowl with same beaters, beat egg yolks, stir in cheese.
- Gently fold yolk-cheese mixture into whites.
- Pile onto the chicken casserole and bake 25-30 minutes longer.
This was SO good, and easy, too! The only change I made was that I used mixed veggies as I didn't have just peas or peas and carrots (I think peas are gross). My whole family loved this. My 3 year old ds asked me to make this again - that doesn't happen. EVER!!