Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Soooo good! An asian favorite with a twist! From Pampered Chef. A great appetizer, meal, or snack.
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onions with top
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup red jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425. For potstickers, in large bowl, combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, gingerrott, egg white, mayonnaise, and garlic. Mix well.
- To assemble potstickers, place 12 wonton wrappers on a smooth surface. Lightly brush edges with water. Place a mounded scoop of filling into the center of each wonton. For each potsticker, fold one point over filling and overlap with opposite point. Repeat with remaining two points, folding envelope style. Place potstickers on oven-safe pan. Lightly spray with oil. Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until potsticker edges are golden brown.
- For dipping sauce, place jelly in a small bowl. Microwave on high 30-40 seconds or until warm; add vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk until blended.
- Serve potstickers with dipping sauce.
I made half a recipe with poached chicken and made five of the potstickers. Served with Asian Shredded Chicken Coleslaw.
What an easy, but impressive recipe! We had these for dinner last night and the DH and I agreed: The best recipe we've tried in a while!
The potsticker filling is simple to prepare and very flavorful and the method for baking the potstickers was perfect! I was not a huge fan of the dipping sauce (in my opinion the potstickers tasted so good, they didn't need it!), but my husband LOVED it and compared it to plum sauce.
Thanks so much for the great recipe!
This is excellant!