Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great tasting and simple chicken with rice, prepration can be done in advance and the dish assembled in just 10 minutes
- 250 g cooked basmati rice
- 50 g pistachios, ground to paste
- 1 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 -4 chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 1 grated carrot
- 5 chopped pistachios, for garnishing
- Heat butter and fry 1 cup onion for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, saute till light brown.
- Add the pistachio paste, milk, stock, chillies and 1/2 cup spring onion, salt, pepper and ajinomoto while stiring and remove from fire after 2 minutes.
- Fry remaining spring onions in oil, add rice and remove from fire.
- Grease an oven proof dish, spread half the rice, spread the sauce over it and cover with remaining rice.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio on the rice and knobs of butter. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.Garnish with fresh corriander and grated carrot.