1 hr 5 mins
Great tasting and simple chicken with rice, prepration can be done in advance and the dish assembled in just 10 minutes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g cooked basmati rice
- 50 g pistachios, ground to paste
- 1 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 -4 chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 1 grated carrot
- 5 chopped pistachios, for garnishing
- 1Heat butter and fry 1 cup onion for 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add flour, saute till light brown.
- 4Add the pistachio paste, milk, stock, chillies and 1/2 cup spring onion, salt, pepper and ajinomoto while stiring and remove from fire after 2 minutes.
- 5Fry remaining spring onions in oil, add rice and remove from fire.
- 6Grease an oven proof dish, spread half the rice, spread the sauce over it and cover with remaining rice.
- 7Sprinkle chopped pistachio on the rice and knobs of butter. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.Garnish with fresh corriander and grated carrot.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Pistachio Rice
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 852.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: