Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great tasting and simple chicken with rice, prepration can be done in advance and the dish assembled in just 10 minutes
- 250 g cooked basmati rice
- 50 g pistachios, ground to paste
- 1 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 -4 chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ajinomoto
- 1 grated carrot
- 5 chopped pistachios, for garnishing
- Heat butter and fry 1 cup onion for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, saute till light brown.
- Add the pistachio paste, milk, stock, chillies and 1/2 cup spring onion, salt, pepper and ajinomoto while stiring and remove from fire after 2 minutes.
- Fry remaining spring onions in oil, add rice and remove from fire.
- Grease an oven proof dish, spread half the rice, spread the sauce over it and cover with remaining rice.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio on the rice and knobs of butter. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.Garnish with fresh corriander and grated carrot.