Recipe by Gabby B
I'm really proud of this one. My hubby loves them with cheese and my Smoky & Spicy BBQ sauce in sandwiches. I just can't believe I came up with this recipe. The day I came up with it I didn't have egg, so I would say the egg is optional. The way you can have your crumbs stick a little better to the patties is by using a little bit of mustard. The end product won't look golden brown (especially without any oil and with the panko) but they will taste delicious and they will be healthy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage, rubbed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine onion powder, salt, sage, chili pepper flakes, paprika, and cumin and mix well.
- Add garlic to the ground chicken mixed until combined.
- Add your mixed spices to chicken and mix them in thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs reserve the other half.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- On a flat surface spread the remaining breadcrumbs, make patties with the chicken and cover with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Place on a rack with a baking sheet under for the loose crumbs to fall. Discard fallen crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, flip patties, and bake for an additional 7 minutes.