Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this off of the Duggar's show & tweaked it to suit my tastes.
- 16 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies, do not drain
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Boil the pasta until al dente, drain then set aside. Blend the Rotel tomatoes in a food processor until slightly chunky.
- Mix the broth, tomatoes, cream of chicken, Velveeta, spices, & cheese in a sauce pan. Heat until the cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Place the pasta & chicken in a 9x13 baking dish then pour the cheese mixture over the top, stir until well blended.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
I boiled the chicken for this dish which is fast and easy and shreds great. The only other change I used was to use my own canned tomatoes. A great tasty dish the kids enjoyed as well. Thanks.
Very yummy! The whole family enjoyed this. Used Cream Soup Substitutes, my usual sub for canned soup and about 2 1/2 cups chicken as that's what I had to use up. Pureed Rotel is a great idea, i loved how it gave the dish more flavor. My kids did not find this too spicy, but if you're worried I'd suggest using one original Rotel and one mild Rotel. This makes a large casserole, next time I'll freeze half before cooking to enjoy another night. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made this with some homemade chicken broth & used some shredded white & dark chicken meat I had frozen, then followed the recipe & we now have a great tasting, new chicken recipe to use again, thanks to you! I don't usually make recipes using Velveeta cheese, but it certainly works in this one! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]