Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I sometimes add sliced jalapenos before baking, we do like it hotter here.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (I use Frank's)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup garlic-flavored croutons or 1⁄2 cup cheese crouton, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs and hot sauce in a medium bowl, dip each chicken piece, coating evenly.
- Combine croutons and parmesan in a shallow dish. Roll chicken pieces in dry mix until well coated.
- Place chicken in a prepared 8" x 8" baking pan. Drizzle chicken with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done - ovens vary.
I make this recipe ALL THE TIME! The list of ingredients is simple, but the taste does not suffer at all! The chicken always turns out really tender and flavourful. I usually use less butter than is called for (I prefer the outer layer to be more crispy). I also add a little more than is called for. I'm not always a jalapeno fan, so I add other hot peppers to the top. I usually serve this with pasta coated in pesto, along with a veggie dish (usually lemon and garlic asparagus). Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
This is the second time I have made this recipe. I am still not sure if I did what was intended with the butter. I melted it and added it to the egg/pepper sauce mix. The first time I thought the chicken would be "spicy" just because of the "Franks Hot Sauce", even if I didnot use the peppers. It's not but it has a wonderful flavor. I even added more hot sauce this time plus added the jalapenos on top. I had to bake the chicken for an hour because the breasts were large but it didn't burn the jalapenos.