Recipe by Barb in WNY
A little different recipe for this dish.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Wow! Love the breading on this chicken! I had just 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts. I pounded them before running through the butter/garlic mixture. I used less of several things: about 1/2 c. breadcrumbs, 1/4 c. Parmesan, 5 T. butter. The french-fried onions in this are so good. I used a squirt of dijon mustard in place of the dry mustard. My chicken was perfectly done after 30 minutes (uncovered). The chicken was moist and very flavorful. Winner!
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 ounces French-fried onions, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved, boned and skinned
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line 9x13-inch baking dish with foil.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in shallow dish and mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Worcestershire and mustard.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture and then in breadcrumbs; coating well.
- Arrange in prepared dish.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over top.
- Bake until chicken tests done, about 50-60 minutes.
- Serve hot.