Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spinach fettuccine with breaded chicken breast, topped with pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese. From the Eating for Life cookbook.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb)
- 4 ounces uncooked spinach pasta
- 1 cup low fat prepared pasta sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites with fork until slightly frothy. Then, mix breadbrumbs and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese in a pie plate.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg whites, then in breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, turn and bake approximately 12 more minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink the center and the coating is golden brown.
- While chicken is baking, prepare spinach pasta, according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, warm pasta sauce over medium heat.
- Divide spinach leaves on two separate plates. Layer portions of warm spinach pasta and baked chicken breasts over spinach leaves. Top with pasta sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.
Delicious! This was such an easy, good for you and quick dish to prepare on a week night or any time you're short on time. Going into my Favorites of 2014. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Loved this, especially the base of fresh spinach. Simple, quick to fix, healthy meal. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
Outstanding!! I was worried that the spinach pasta on top of the spinach was going to be too much. I was wrong! It tasted great. It was simple to prepare and looked elegant. I doubled the recipe for my family and I used heavy cream in place of the egg whites (due to my son's egg allergy and what I had available to dip the chicken in, otherwise I would have cooked it as is). I don't think my changes effected the outcome. Absolutely delicious. This will become a regular meal in my household.