Recipe by Chef Jodi Town
Spinach fettuccine with breaded chicken breast, topped with pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese. From the Eating for Life cookbook.
Top Review by mama smurf
Delicious! This was such an easy, good for you and quick dish to prepare on a week night or any time you're short on time. Going into my Favorites of 2014. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb)
- 4 ounces uncooked spinach pasta
- 1 cup low fat prepared pasta sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites with fork until slightly frothy. Then, mix breadbrumbs and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese in a pie plate.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg whites, then in breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, turn and bake approximately 12 more minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink the center and the coating is golden brown.
- While chicken is baking, prepare spinach pasta, according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, warm pasta sauce over medium heat.
- Divide spinach leaves on two separate plates. Layer portions of warm spinach pasta and baked chicken breasts over spinach leaves. Top with pasta sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.