Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from my Mother, one of my favorite chicken recipes. You can make it at night, refrigerate, and bake the next day. You can also deep-fry it instead of baking.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I use 1/2 tbsp white, 1/2 tbsp malt)
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make packets: Cut out 4 large sheets of aluminum foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide chicken mixture into 4 equal amounts, and place onto the foil.
- Bring up sides of foil to completely cover the chicken.
- Double fold the other sides to form packets (Don't make it too tight).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 450F degrees oven on a cookie sheet.
- (Be careful when opening the packets, they are hot!).
- Serve with french fries, or rice.