Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A nice Sunday dinner type of dish, this tender, Louisiana-spiced chicken is slowly cooked at a very low temperature, with frequent basting to ensure a delicious flavor and a wonderful browned color.
- 1 fryer chicken, halved or cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with oregano, thyme and basil, then pour in combined olive oil and chicken broth.
- Scatter garlic slices around chicken, then sprinkle with chili powder and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper, then bake uncovered in a 300 degree F oven for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Turn chicken over after the first 30 minutes; then after an hour, turn chicken again.
- Continue to baste with pan juices every 30 minutes after that, until chicken is browned.