3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
A nice Sunday dinner type of dish, this tender, Louisiana-spiced chicken is slowly cooked at a very low temperature, with frequent basting to ensure a delicious flavor and a wonderful browned color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with oregano, thyme and basil, then pour in combined olive oil and chicken broth.
- 4Scatter garlic slices around chicken, then sprinkle with chili powder and paprika.
- 5Season with salt and pepper, then bake uncovered in a 300 degree F oven for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- 6Turn chicken over after the first 30 minutes; then after an hour, turn chicken again.
- 7Continue to baste with pan juices every 30 minutes after that, until chicken is browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Opelousas
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.2
- Calories from Fat 564
- Total Fat 62.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 263.1 mg
- Sodium 446.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 84.5 g