Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am always looking for recipes to cook on the grill as it is so hot and humid in FL and the oven just heats up the house so much. I found this recipe at Taste of Home and here is what the author states: "I first made this chicken one hot summer when the family wanted baked chicken...and I wanted to keep the kitchen cool. Now they never seem to request the oven-baked variety!"
- 2⁄3 cup biscuits or 2⁄3 cup baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler (3 to 3-1/2 pounds) or 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- Place dry baking mix, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Close and shake to mix. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased metal or foil 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place on grill. Cover and grill over low heat, for 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
I made this last night for dinner and it turned out fantastic. I served it with corn on the cob. I have to admit, it is still so cold here in Illinois that grilling wasn't an option. I did prepare it exactly as written (I used Bisquick mix), except I did use all chicken quarters because my freezer is full of them. I put them into a 425*F oven for approx 45 minutes total. I started skin side down and flipped over the last 15 minutes. I can't wait to try it on the grill this summer. Thank you for such a yummy recipe. A keeper for sure. Made for PAC - Spring 2013