Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy chicken nuggets that my kids like. They dip theirs in ketchup. I like them dipped in marinara sauce or honey mustard.
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a zip-top plastic bag; shake to combine.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter, then add a few at a time into the breadcrumb mixture; shake to coat.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until tender.
This was an easy recipe using ingredients I keep on hand in the pantry. Perfect for a weeknight. Next time I will cook a few minutes less. At 20 minutes, the nuggets came out dry. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
The whole family loved this. I used chicken tenders and did not cut them. I also used spray butter as suggested by another reviewer and it worked fine and cut out a lot of calories and fat. The only other thing I changed was to add some garlic powder and pepper to the mixture and use Italian seasoned bread crumbs (still added all the seasonings). Thanks!
These were good! 20 mins was maybe a little long for the size of pieces I cut, cause they were a bit dry. Next time I'll do them less. thanks!