Recipe by Annacia
"This superhealthy recipe proves watching what you eat doesn't mean you have to banish curry from your menu plan". From the BBC
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We enjoyed this dish for dinner tonight. Scaled it down to 2 servings and made as directed, but we did add additional plain yogurt to the top (just our preference). This dish is definitely healthy and full of flavor. I think next time, I would prefer a little more of a sauce, so I might play around with a yogurt-type sauce to add to the dish. Served along with a salad. Made for PRMR, March, 2014.
- 250 g brown basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks (about 500g/1lb 2oz)
- 8 medium tomatoes, halved
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small bunch coriander, leaves only
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml water, 1 heaped tsp turmeric, 1 tsp curry powder and some salt. Bring to the boil, stir, cover, turn heat to low and cook for 30 mins, or until tender. Try not to take the lid off during cooking.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 minutes Add the almonds, and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tsp curry powder, the remaining turmeric, 2 tbsp yogurt and seasoning. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Toss the tomatoes and onions in a roasting tray with the rest of the curry powder, then nestle in the chicken pieces. Bake for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are soft. Scatter coriander over the top and serve with the rice and remaining yogurt.