Cook1 hr 30 mins
Only one word -- "delicious"!
Make and share this Baked Chicken Marzee recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut up (or the parts you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or more) or 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (optional)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Sauté onion, bell peppers, garlic, and mushrooms (if using) until golden brown.
- In a medium size bowl, combine ketchup, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Pour the ketchup mixture over the sautéed vegetables in the skillet.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then pour over chicken.
- Place dish in the oven and bake 1 1/2 hours (this time is based on a whole cut up chicken; you will have to adjust time if using boneless chicken breasts, or thighs. About 30 to 35 minutes. This is only a guess. I use a thermometer. Poultry is done at 170 -185°F).
This was VERY GOOD! My peppers didn't get quite as soft as I would have liked, so I will cook them longer before adding the sauce next time. The sauce was WONDERFUL and I kept adding more to my plate to dip the chicken in before each bite. Thanks for sharing!made for BB tag,2011.