Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a delicious and UNFRIED "healthified" verison of traditional Chicken L'Orange Recipe. I came up with this in my hopes to loose weight this year but not give up any of my favorite foods. It is absolutely DELICIOUS! Serve this with a side whole grain rice with a tbsp. of LITE butter, and a teaspoon of cilantro, It's a simple and easy side dish, Also, steamed carrots would be good as well! (NOTE: You must marinate this overnight, so please factor that into making this)
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large navel oranges, Sliced Thin
- 1 large navel orange, Juiced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, not roasted, not salted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place Your chicken breasts in a large gallon bag.
- Put your juice, thinly sliced oranges, salt, and pepper in with the chicken, seal the bag, give it a shake so everything is coated.
- Let it sit in your Fridge overnight.
- The next day, about 45 minuites before dinner time, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and lay them in a shallow baking dish (don't shake off any of the liquid).
- Sprinkle your slivered almonds over the dish, and throw it in your oven, Covered with tin foil, for 25 min's, remove the foil and bake it uncovered for 20 more minuites, or until it reaches 165 degrees or higher on an instant read thermometer. (it might be ready after the 25 min's depending on the thickness of the breast, and your oven's temperment, temp it after the first 25 to make sure).
What a nice chicken recipe. I decided to grill this recipe after marinating in the OJ overnight. YUM made with Thai Coconut Rice WIll be made again, thank you for sharing this one!