Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Donna Hay, this is baked all together in the oven,
Make and share this Baked Chicken, Lemon and Pea Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chicken breast fillets, quartered
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups arborio rice or 2 cups carnaroli rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- preheat oven to 200C 400F.
- heat a fry pan over high heat add oil and chicken and cook for 3 mins each side or until well browned, set aside.
- add leeks and zest to the pan and cook for 5 mins until leeks are golden.
- place leek mix, rice and stock in a baking dish, cover tightly with lid or foil and bake for 20 mins.
- add chicken and peas to the risotto and cover tightly and bake for further 20 mins.
- the risotto will be quite liquid at this stage.
- stir the parmesan, lemon juice, mint and salt and pepper through the risotto.
- stir for 2 mins to thicken then serve.
This was a flop for me but I won't give it a bad rating since it might have been my fault. At step 7 when I stirred it, the rice still seemed undercooked so I put it back in the warm oven for a while. But then when I stirred it again it was a big gelatinous mess! Hubby liked the flavor though and he doesn't usually like rice dishes so I might try again.
I really loved this recipe. I really loved being able to make a yummy risotto without all the stirring fuss!! This dish is full of flavor, has a creamy consistency and it was so easy to prepare. What is not to love?! Personal notes: I omitted the mint since my family doesn't like it. I would recommend using 4 chicken boneless, skinless breasts and cube. Definitely use chicken stock vs. broth. The stock gives it a richer, in-depth flavor. Salt and pepper the chicken before browning - to add more flavor to the chicken itself. I'm not sure who Donna Hay is but I'm sure glad she created this recipe and thank lindsey for posting!
This was a very easy recipe to make. I loved the flavours of the lemon and mint. Very fresh! My husband liked it at first, then decided he didn't like it so much.... but I will be making it again. My 18month old loved it! Perhaps less peas next time...