1/1 Photo of Baked Chicken Legs, Mexican Style
Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the Sunset Potluck Cookbook. I love baked chicken recipes! And I especially like to collect recipes which call for those leg and thigh pieces, because those are always cheaper than most cuts of chicken. The recipe recommends serving with guacamole or a squeeze of lime juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup green chili salsa or 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs whole chicken legs-thighs, attached (6-8)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, salsa, and salt until blended.
- 2In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and oregano.
- 3Dip chicken into egg mixture and roll in crumb mixture.
- 4Repeat both steps 1 more time.
- 5In a shallow rimmed baking pan, melt butter as oven preheats to 400.
- 6Remove pan from oven.
- 7Add chicken, turn to coat with butter and arrange skin side up.
- 8Bake, uncovered, until meat near thighbone is no longer pink when slashed (40-45 minutes). Transfer chicken to a warm platter.
- 9Insulate to transport hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Legs, Mexican Style
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.9
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 305.9 mg
- Sodium 691.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 67.0 g