Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cut this out of the Sunday coupon inserts. States the recipe was created for Dragone cheese by Cooking Light Supper Clubs. Sounds delicious!
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix first eight ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on countertop. Lay noodles flat atop plastic wrap, top each noodle with a layer of the ricotta mixture and 1/4 cup chicken.
- Starting at one end, roll one noodle at a time.
- Fill the bottom of a baking dish with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Lay rolls seam side down, cover with remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Good recipe! I sub cottage cheese for ricotta and I half the fresh parsley (both just personal preference). I also use Newman's Sockarooni spaghetti sauce instead of plain tomato sauce. Cover to bake, otherwise the edges get tough.
What a wonderful different way to use leftover chicken and marinara sauce. Tasty, easy, attractive, and inexpensive. I added Italian seasoning to cheese mixture, eliminated the salt, and used my own marinara sauce. Thanks for sharing Kim127. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
This was a great dish! The only thing we think it could use to be even better is a few more seasonings and maybe more sauce. Otherwise it was perfect. I did use a bit more parsley than it called for. Had it for Easter dinner and everyone loved it.