Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.16 ml olive oil
For Herbed Butter
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml dried parsley
- 7.39 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 7.39 ml frsh ginger, minced
- salt and pepper
For Breadcrumb Mix
- 177.44 ml Italian breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml flour
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4.92-9.85 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92-9.85 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 4.92-9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92-9.85 ml garlic powder
- For herbed butter combine, place on wax paper and freeze 30 min or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- One at a time cover chicken breasts with wax paper or plastic wrap and flatten with a meat tenderizer until about 1/4” thick.
- Set aside.
- When herbed butter is frozen, cut into four pieces and place it in the center of each chicken breast.
- Then fold long sides over butter, fold ends up and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Dip chicken pieces into olive oil then coat evenly with breadcrumb mix.
- Place chicken pieces in a prepared 9”x9” pan seam side down.
- Bake uncovered about 35 minutes until juices run clear.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
I like Chef flower left out the old bay seasoning for dietary reasons (I do have it in my pantry due to recipe swap) but we really didn't like the butter mix and found it very salty. Also I am a bit of lazy cook and I just cut a pocket in the chicken breast and stuffed the butter in and crumbed as per recipe (though did not have Italian seasoning and used Tuscan) and baked (the chicken was on a baking paper lined tray and sprayed with canola oil) at 175C for 45 minutes and the end result was moist and crispy chicken, thank you Heather E, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
We like Chicken Kiev and this recipe was not a let down. I followed the recipe as written but I left out the old bay seasoning as I can't find it in Australia. Thank Healther E for a delicious recipe.