Recipe by Lennie
I have not tried this yet, but was pleased to find the recipe and wanted to share. I buy the frozen kievs frequently and look forward to making my own. Prep time includes the chilling of the butter mixture.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, chives, parsley and garlic powder.
- On a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper, shape into a 3-inch by 2-inch rectangle; wrap well and freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to a quarter-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Retrieve butter mixture from freezer and cut crosswise into 6 pieces.
- Place 1 piece on centre of each chicken breast; fold long sides over butter, then fold ends up and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornflake crumbs, parsley and paprika; pour buttermilk into another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces into buttermilk, then coat evenly with cornflake mixture.
- Place coated chicken, seam side down, in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.