Japanese breaded crispy chicken that you would find in Hawaiian restaurants. Great healthy take out alternative. Please note the nutrition facts for this recipe are not accurate.
- Pound thin each chicken cutlet.
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a dry pan and toast until golden brown. (Toast enough to cover the cutlets.).
- Add only enough olive oil to bread crumbs so that they start to stick together.
- Prepare beaten eggs in one pan, and flour in another pan for dredging.
- Coat the chicken in flour, then the egg, then finally coat completely in toasted bread crumbs.
- Spray a grill pan or regular baking sheet with oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sugar, soy sauce, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder in a pot and bring to boil for a few minutes, then let cool.
- If a thicker sauce is desired you can combine 1/4 cup of cold water with approximately 2 teaspoons of cornstarch and add it to the boiling pot.
- Serve the chicken with the katsu sauce and enjoy!